Srini Raju Centre for IT and the Networked Economy (SRITNE), a technology research center at the Indian School of Business (ISB) in an exclusive data-partnership with Housing.com, has developed the Housing Price Index (HPI).
Decision-makers across the public and private sectors need accurate and timely information on economic activity for effective action and interventions. At present, the information available is highly fragmented, privately held, and low in accuracy, making coordination among economic actors difficult. The cost of acquiring information and increasing its accuracy is borne privately, leading to asymmetry in the marketplace.
The real estate industry plays a significant role in contributing to the economy of India. The industry ranks second in terms of generating employment and accounts for about 5% of India's GDP. Therefore, tracking price and quantity movement in this sector is essential and would be the key objective of the HPI.
Meet the team
Area Leader & Professor in Information Systems. Executive Director-SRITNE | ISB
Director– Research | Growth & Marketing Housing.com, PropTiger.com, Makaan.com
Dy. Manager–Research | Growth & Marketing Housing.com, PropTiger.com, Makaan.com
Associate-Research | Growth & Marketing Housing.com, PropTiger.com, Makaan.com
Srini Raju Centre for IT and the Networked Economy (SRITNE) is a multi-disciplinary research centre aimed at fostering rigorous and relevant research, education and outreach that advances our understanding of how Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) create value for business and society. The core activities of SRITNE are as follows:
- Research that addresses practical and policy questions related to the effective ICT selection, adoption, & exploitation.
- Education that trains future leaders to leverage ICT for competitive success.
- Dialogue with academics, industry, government and students though speaker series, conferences and symposia.
We are the fastest growing company in the online real estate space. Born out of the need to simplify the search for a home, free of fake listings and endless site visits, we created a unique property search platform that filled the gaps left by others in the market. Led by passionate problem-solvers and backed by top investors from around the world, we are poised to become the most trusted place to find a home in India.
Our Vision and Mission:
- Delivering trustworthy experiences that you cherish for a lifetime.
- To be the first choice for our consumers and partners in their journey of discovering, renting, buying, selling, and financing a home. We do it with data, design, technology, and above all the passion of our people, while delivering value to our shareholders.