The Housing Price Index (HPI) tracks residential home prices and quantities across the eight largest cities in India. The indices are constructed using quarterly survey data collected by Housing.com and are available from 2017-present. The survey includes information on price per square foot, quantity, and the total value of transactions for various sub-localities within each city collected from real-estate developers and brokers. The India level indices provide an average movement in prices and quantities across the eight cities. Finally, each index is normalized to a value of 100 in January 2017.
- Strong demand helps sustain property market momentum in India The Economic Times, March 5th 2023
- Post-covid housing prices surge, sales swell in the second quarter of FY23 Mint, November 2nd 2022
- Housing market trends show end to downturn Mint, August 30th 2022
- Housing on road to recovery but potholes loom Mint, May 10th 2022
- Will the Housing Market see a W-shaped recovery? The Hindu BusinessLine, July 30th 2021